Tuesday, September 14, 2010

10 Steps- Take One!

So my dear friend Jenny, who is a photographer her ownself, told me quite some time ago about this fun little photography project. I finally got to try it out today and had a good time doing it! Here's the gist- you grab your camera, you take ten steps, and you take a photo. My guess is this is supposed to make you more thoughtful about your surroundings and as a reminder that things aren't always what they seem. This is a bit complicated for me, firstly because I'm a bisy backson (read Tao of Pooh), secondly because I am far better at photographing human beings then items or landscape. I should also note that my new apartment doesn't have the most attractive grounds in the entire world and I didn't want to wander far, as I have more shit to do shortly (bisy backson syndrome).

I tried to stay true to the formula and go only ten steps and try to find something interesting (very complicated).
So without further adieu, here are the 10 steps shots I got today. (I took the project further and did an entire small walks worth of photos).




















Very fun! Stay tuned for the next Ten Steps Session! Perhaps I'll wander somewhere more interesting ;)

1 comment:

Vicki said...

That sounds like an awesome project! I must try it out! So every 10 steps you take a photo?