I don't generally do resolutions, but there's a few things I'd like to focus on this year. With having a sweet baby last year, I didn't focus much on anything else. It honestly felt like the year passed and I didn't do anything aside from having Eli (which is no small feat, don't get me wrong!). So here's my list:
1. I am going to be more outdoorsy. This is my number one goal. I am a prissy city girl and I feel like everyone knows it and is secretly laughing at me behind my prissy back! I am a little bit, honestly, but I'm going to get past it. It's hard in the winter due to the insane amounts of rain, but as soon as it goes away, I'm outdoors darnit! I'm going to start gardening a bit and I'm going to hike and swim and camp and before the end of the year I should be able to roll around in the mud with the best of 'em!!!!
2. The cliche I'm going to lose a few pounds. Thought #2 was a good place for it ; )
3. Carly is going to teach me how to knit I decided. I get so excited when I look at all of her patterns and I want to make stuff!
4. I have a little sewing machine I got for Christmas and I'm going to make baby slings like a crazy woman! Tons of people are having babies right now and I think everyone MUST HAVE a baby sling.
5. I am going to be greener. I already started, but I'm going to get more militant about it. We are moving closer to our places of employment soon, so that will cut back on gas usage. I'm thinking I might be green and outdoorsy enough soon to maybe think about a composting pile. That'll save garbage. I've been pretty intense with my recylcing lately and will keep that up. I just recently started cloth diapering and I'm going to try desperately to keep that up (Eli pees so much and you have to change them a lot more often! In the name of being green though!). We don't use paper towels anymore. It really wasn't a hard transition and I can't believe we didn't do it before. You can create a lot of waste with just paper towels! Sheesh! We are using canvas shopping bags now instead of plastic (we try our darndist anyway!).
Just a little tidbit about that- I read somewhere (this isn't an exact quote, but I'm pretty sure it's close to right anyway!) that plastic bags and disposable diapers are the #1 and #2 things in land fills. Food for thought.
And 6. I want to play guitar more. Well, at all really. I say more as if I've been doing it. I have two guitars and I love the idea but I'm a lazy bum when it comes to practicing. I'm one of those people that expects to be a rock star the first day and is discouraged when that doesn't come to pass ; )
Wish me luck guys!